Dynamic IP/DHCP/Routing the 'right way'

Hi All,
I'll be working with the PHYTEC2294 board in preparation to using the
Philips LPC2210 and LPC2102 in production.

My project will allow the user to change the various IP settings
(Address/Mask/gateway/DHCP) while the system is running. I.E. address
and mask are updated (old addresses are deleted).
Gateway changes cause the default route to be updated. DHCP can be
turned off/on.

I've found some older posts about this and tried them. Maybe I missed
something but so far I've not found a single solution that covers all my
needs. Is there such a solution or is there a 'right way' to achieve
this?

Also saw a post about using an incoming packet to learn the IP when the
device is ping'ed for instance. This could be quite useful as well.
Anyone have this in code already or can at least point me in the right
direction of what to do?

After these I'll need to do the same for NTP and DNS.

Cheers			...Laurie:{)