Re: processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'

Hi Bob,
I've got it, the problem was with memory layout, it's working now. Thanks for pointing in the right direction.
Can you also suggest where eCos compatible API/ libraries be found for MIOS, TPU. Thanks.

Rohit

Bob Koninckx wrote:
Hi,
- using ROM startup, CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR not included (RedBoot set to behave as ROM monitor)
- error occurs at instruction 'STWU R0,0004(R4)' in hal_mon_init.
Before execution: R0=7C71 43A6, R4=FFFF FFFC
After: -no change-

Why is it trying to write to a ROM location (0000 0000) when VSR table should be copied to RAM, if I understand correctly

That's what you have to find out. Probably your memory layout is not
correct or the memory controller is not configured correctly. Did you
initialize the memory controller ? (see e.g file ec555.S for an example
of how you should do this). Is your RAM supposed to be at address
0x00000000 ?

Bob

--

Rohit Pandita
Graduate Student

Office:
   15, Akerman Hall
Mail address:
   107, Akerman Hall
   Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
   University of Minnesota
   110, Union Street S.E.
   Minneapolis, MN 55455
Tel: 1-612-625-6561