Re: change default RedBoot "fis load" and "exec" - how?

Gary Thomas wrote:

I compiled my own kernel, saved it to /dev/mtd2 (kern2), and boot it as follows:

RedBoot> fis load -b 0x00020000 kern2
RedBoot> exec

To do this, I have to ctrl+C when device boots, and type the appropriate "fis load..." and "exec" commands.

Is there an easy way to make these new "fis load..." and "exec" commands the default ones for RedBoot?

I don't have a JTAG pinout for this device, so I wouldn't like to compile RedBoot from scratch, then flash it, and possibly brick the device.

I checked RedBoot documentation, but didn't find any commands to just update the default startup commands.

These commands are modified using the 'fconfig' command.

Thanks a lot, that was it!

-- Tomasz Chmielewski

Software deployment with Samba
http://wpkg.org