Re: Re: Building eCos hello world

Grant Edwards wrote:
In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:
On 7/28/06, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

Okay, I finally figured it out.  I wasn't aware of what
virtual vectors are used for.  I guess ecos applications makes
use of services provided by redboot.
They can, if you configure them that way.
May I be further enlightened by your wisdom by telling me where this
configuration is, the default of which is to use services provided by
RedBoot.

Actually, I wasn't aware that was the default. None of my apps use RedBoot services, and I don't remember ever having to change anything, but I may have just picked the right defaults when I created the HAL for my target platform.

Browsing through the ecos.ecc file, here are few likely
settings:

turn off CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE
turn on CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_COMMS
turn on CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE turn on CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_DEFAULT

Probably the easiest (on those platforms that *do* have RedBoot) is to make sure that CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR is disabled.

For PowerPC targets, I use the attached .ecm script.

cdl_component CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_POWERPC_COPY_VECTORS {
    user_value 1
};