Re: The John's Ousterhout Tcl 6.7 under eCos

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Andrew Lunn wrote:

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 07:05:07PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
Hello

You will have the old, good, full featured Tcl 6.7 from John Ousterhout
under eCos. There will be one limitation for this port. You won't get
support for the pipelines and Tcl exec command. But, if you want to get
a shell, or get a glue, or have an instrument, that Tcl does it all.

Do you have time to make an eCos package out of this? Put it in
packages/services/tcl?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I am a bit busy now, but I plan to make such a package in the one of my
weekends before September. And I would want ask you about a suitable place
in the eCos repository for this package. I think what in future somebody
can start same work porting another version of Tcl for eCos. It seems,
it will be the best if those Tcl packages will occupy a general branch,
the services/tcl. So, I plan to place the first Tcl 6.7 package under
services/tcl/tcl6.7 branch. Well, I think folk would be to choose one of
the Tcl packages by Tcl's version (no eCos package version), for example

	ecosconfig add libtcl6.7
	ecosconfig add libtcl7.4

or even choose a whole template, like

ecosconfig new pid tcl6.7

RFC: Is it correct for the eCos package ideology?

Sergei