Re: AT91RM9200 chip select

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:12:48PM +0200, miguelon@tiscali.it wrote:
> > We managed to have eCosPro for a lower price without having
support,
> > that's why I'm asking here...
> >
> > I thought that it was a general problem not related to the version
of
> > eCos. Thanks anyway.

> Well, if it is an MMU problem, it will be specific to the MMU setup
> code for that particular platform. And since we don't have access to
> that code, it is hard for us to help you.

>     Andrew

I finally found a package on the CVS repository
(packages/hal/arm/arm9/aaed2000/) which is similar to mine, at least as
for the MMU setup. As I understood from other threads the file which
has to be modified is /include/hal_platform_setup.h but in this case
the code calls a function (hal_mmu_init) to create MMU tables. I've
found the code for this function in /src/aaed2000_misc.c and actually
it defines a MMU table using the macro X_ARM_MMU_SECTION. The first
thing that comes into my head is to modify directly the source file
adding the mapping for my device but maybe there's a more elegant way
to do it. I hope to have provided all the information you need to help
me, I'm at the beginning with eCos. Thanks a lot.

Michele

Naviga e telefona senza limiti con Tiscali
Scopri le promozioni Tiscali adsl: navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/