Re: SGML docs, [was: Termios and waiting for character input]

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Andre-John Mas wrote:
Gary Thomas wrote:
Andre-John Mas wrote:
Where do I change the VMIN value? I'll change the value to see if
this helps.

BTW I had worked around the issue by simply doing a loop until the
input value was not 0x0. Not very elegant when CPU cycles matter. I
also made the same observation as Gary that the code worked on other
systems. I had tested the same code on MacOS X.
It's just another parameter to the termios structure. Simply add this
line: term = termsave; /* termsave contains old termios */ term.c_lflag &= ~ECHO; /* turn off echo if it's set */ term.c_lflag &= ~ECHOE; /* turn off echoe if it's set */ term.c_lflag &= ~ICANON; /* turn off echoe if it's set */ term.c_cc[VMIN] = 1;

Thank you for this. Work well.

BTW I noticed that all the help documentation is in SGML. Is there a
suitable SGML reader available? At the moment when I double click a doc
reference in eCos Config it opens up Firefox, and it has no idea what to
do with that passed link. It say it does not know how to handle protocol
'c'. Trying to open it up in Explorer is no more successful.

Docs are available in HTML form here: http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/

Otherwise you need to install docbook tools such as jade, and generate the HTML yourself.

Also, Andre-John, please keep replies on the list so that all may benefit!