Re: accessing PCI device

Hello Mark,
This is the base address of the CPU's window into PCI IO space. So if a
PCI device BAR is set to X in IO space, the CPU accesses it with BASE+X.
That's what I was thinking.
(and sorry I mean also HAL_PCI_PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BASE)
But I wonder why this value was different in Intel's port of RedBoot and in the Linux kernel.
And why Linux kernel uses ioremap before accessing memory?
Maybe I should use something like that also in ecos?
This is described in the reference manual:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/pci-library-reference.html
Thanks for the link.

I was searching deeper in the code and I found function pci_config_setup, which is used for configuring PCI memory regions.
This function uses value XSCALE_PCI_TYPE_0_CONFIG_BASE.

Do you know how can I find correct HAL_PCI_PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BASE for the ixdp2801?

Intel's port defines:

#define XSCALE_PCI_TYPE_0_CONFIG_BASE    0xDA000000
#define XSCALE_PCI_TYPE_1_CONFIG_BASE    0xDB000000
#define XSCALE_PCI_MEM_BASE                0xE0000000
#define XSCALE_PCI_MEM_SZ_MASK            0x1FFFFFFF
#define XSCALE_PCI_IO_BASE                0xD8000000
#define XSCALE_PCI_IO_SZ_MASK            0x1FFFFFF

#define HAL_PCI_PHYSICAL_MEMORY_BASE XSCALE_PCI_MEM_BASE

Linux kernel uses value 0xA0000000.

If this value is wrong, then maybe other PCI values are also wrong:
Intel has good online documentation for their hardware, but I can't find anything about these values.

--
Jacek Poplawski
Software Engineer

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s). Please direct any additional queries to: communications@s3group.com. Thank You.