Re: Re: install ecos on debian 1.3.3.5

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 06:12:29PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> [ You mis-addressed this to ecos-discuss-owner - check the address you
> send to in future! ]
> mirko massignani wrote:
> >I would want to know if is possible to install ecos on debian.
>
> Yes, Debian allows you to install RPMs. You need the "alien" program to
> install it. If you haven't got alien, then do this first (as root):
>
> apt-get install alien

aptitude install alien

apt-get is depreciated.

However, i've never used the RPMs on my debian systems when installing
eCos. The toolchain comes as tgz and i build the host tools from
sources. The only trick is you need to specify which version of tcl
and tk to use and you need to give the path to them when running the
configure script. This is talked about in the README file.

You might also want to try

aptitude install ecosconfig

and

aptitude install ecos

I've never used these, so i've no idea how up to date they are.

 Andrew