Re: Question about binaries

Hello!
Perhaps I asked it the wrong way. How about having the binaries that
Linux normally places on a system, kernel plus user land but no X, and
then coexisting with the ones needed for my eCos project?

This presupposes two things, that of how closely the eCos kernel
manages the flow of time as perceived by the RTC, versus how closely
the Linux kernel does.

Before you answer Gary, even I am not sure how to best manage and
study this particular problem.

There is also the need of a protocol stack for the TCP/IP functions.
--
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude

---
On 9/28/06, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> I am planning a new project. It will as it happens to be x86 based. I
> was originally planning on having it be running a real time enabled
> example of Linux, but after coming across an add for the company
> behind eCos in the current issue of Embedded Computing Design, I
> decided to switch towards eCos for it. (Incidentally it is the August
> 2006 issue, their buyers guide.)
>
> Now the question: Can eCos binaries co-exist with Linux ones? Again
> this is for the X86 platform. Vendor to be decided.

Sorry, but the question doesn't make much sense.  eCos is an
embedded [operating] system and as such, it takes over the
hardware just like a Linux kernel would.

Perhaps you can explain your question a different way (if the
statement above doesn't help)