Re: Return to RedBoot

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 21:35 +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Dear eCos/RedBoot Experts,
>
> I have a question. Is it possible to organize a work with RedBoot like
> with sub-shell system?  Well, may be it's a stupid idea.  Does exist a
> way to return from a loaded application back in RedBoot? I brief looked
> at `do_go' command of RedBoot.  I noticed a thing called a trampoline.
> It looks like what those `trampoline' and `return_to_redboot' functions
> were designed to service a comeback to RedBoot. Is that right? But I see
> never this RedBoot message on my ARM target:
>
>      "Program completed with status 0"
>
> Should I have a _special_ way to terminate a running eCos application? I

Try using CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN(0);

The argument is the returned exit status.

This has limited use though. It only really works if the application
returning to RedBoot has not modified/reprogrammed resources being
used by RedBoot. Things like reprogramming the timer used by RedBoot
would cause problems...

--Mark