Re: CDL error: "Attempt to divide non-numerical values"

Awesome, thanks Bart. I tried the constant value and that worked. I will experiment with the TCL expressions you described.

Note that this was working until I updated my CDL files. I guess that the '3*1024*1024' works fine (as a string) until you tell CDL to treat it like a number. In this case, I imported updates which tried to do "CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE/4" and that led to the broken config. All is clear now.

Thanks for the help.

-- Dan

Bart Veer wrote:
Clearly the default value does not match the 3*1024*1024 reported in
the conflict. I suspect you have changed the value of
CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE in your configuration, and instead of specifying
an absolute value 0x300000 you have typed in an expression
3*1024*1024. libcdl does not do expression parsing when reading in a
saved configuration file so that expression is being treated as a
string rather than a number, hence the conflict.

If you are editing ecos.ecc by hand and really want to specify an
expression you can exploit the fact that a .ecc savefile is also a Tcl
script and specify:

  cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE {
      # Flavor: data
      user_value [expr 3 * 1024 * 1024]
  }

However whenever an updated savefile is written out that expression
will be replaced by the numerical value.

Bart

-- Dan Jakubiec Systech Corporation