Re: Limit region of flash used by RedBoot for FIS?

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>> I found CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_BASE which specifies a
>> reserved area that the bottom of flash, but I can't find a CDL
>> option that reserves space at the top of flash.  Care to give
>> me a hint?
>
> CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK - default value is (-1) which
> puts the FIS directory in the last erase block of the device.
> Just set it to -(N+1), where N is the number of erase blocks that
> you don't want RedBoot to touch.

Ah. Thanks.  It wasn't apparent (at least to me) from the
documentation for that option that anything beyond that block
would be untouched.  It might be good to add that useful bit of
info to the comment for that option.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  LOU GRANT froze
                                  at               my ASSETS!!