Re: Ecos with PCI and asterisk

Hi Andrew Lunn,

Thanks for your email.
Is there is any FXO Gateway with SIP or IAX done with ecos? What I
guess is, the cost might be very less compared to using the linux with
ecos.

Regards,
Kannaiyan

On 11/14/06, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 02:04:51PM +0800, Kannaiyan Natesan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I would like to know whether anyone ported asterisk to ecos. If so
> which board has the PCI slot with the memory so that asterisk can be
> run with those ones. I would like to build FXO gateway device with
> asterisk, if anyone tried before please do kindly  share. thanks.

My gut feeling is this is unlikely to work. eCos != linux and i guess
Asterisk uses big parts of Linux. I know there is a kernel driver for
the FXO cards which you would have to port as well. I thihnk you would
have a lot less trouble just using Linux.

Andrew