Request clarification about interrupt in RedBoot and eCos

Hello all,

I'm getting into the eCos world and made the first cut working on the SuperH
environment. Since I only have 32k rom, I can't use the RedBoot (too big),
so I have to develop bootrom by myself, at least to get interrupt & UART
working. I searched the website and got some information about RedBoot, but
I'm confused too. Someone please clarify the following questions for me?
Thank you very much in advance!

- Does RedBoot use interrupt? Some discusses said RedBoot never use
interrupt.
- I checked my RedBoot.sym, it does include cyg_drv_interrupt_create(...)
etc. functions. Are these functions used for UART or Ethernet?
- I checked my application .sym too, it only contains normal
cyg_interrupt_create(...) etc. functions. I'm just curious why RedBoot uses
cyg_drv_interrupt_create(...), while the eCos uses
cyg_interrupt_create(...)?

I know I may be able to figure out through reading code, but to save time,
could someone please give me some hints first? It would be better if also
give me some suggestions to develop our custom bootrom code.

Thanks,
Wendell