adding user defined flash variables as cdl_option to inl file problems

hello all,

I am trying to make my flash configuration as such that a user can
modify the following using cdl_options.

CYGNUM_FLASH_INTERLEAVE
CYGNUM_FLASH_SERIES
CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH
CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE
CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE_MASK
CYGNUM_FLASH_DEVICES
CYGNUM_FLASH_BLANK

these values are then passed to the STRATA inl file and the amd.c file
as follows...

#define CYGNUM_FLASH_DEVICES  CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_DEVICES

#define CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE    CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_BASE

#define CYGNUM_FLASH_BASE_MASK CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_BASE_MASK

#define CYGNUM_FLASH_WIDTH  CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_WIDTH

#define CYGNUM_FLASH_BLANK    CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_BLANK

These EDB93XX values are set as cdl_options like so.

cdl_option CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_EDB93XX_BASE_MASK {
		default_value "0xFF000000"
	}

but these values are not getting into the .inl files or the amd .c files
where they are needed.

Is there any way to make these Flash variables defined as cdl_options?

Am I missing something here.  This seems like it should not be hard to
do, but I am stuck.

thanks,

Brian