Re: adding user defined flash variables as cdl_option to inl file problems

Brian Austin <brian.austin@cirrus.com> writes:

> With ecos being so configurable, I do not see why flash variables have
> hard coded values.  Is there an example of a configurable flash
> implementation  for a certain chip flavor, or am I gonna have to come up
> with a solution myself?

An alternative approach is to switch to the V2 flash drivers and use
CFI to detect the flash device characteristics at runtime. This is
pretty much the default approach that we (eCosCentric) now take for
all flash support.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts