Re: Re: How to prevent flash tests from being built?

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Grant Edwards wrote:

On 2006-12-03, Sergei Gavrikov <sg@sgs.gomel.by> wrote:

make -r -C io/flash/current tests
make[1]: Entering directory /nios/work/ecos-build/io/flash/current'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target tests/flash1.d', needed by tests.stamp'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory /nios/work/ecos-build/io/flash/current'
make: *** [tests] Error 2

How do I prevent flash tests from being build by "make tests"?

Sometimes, I get an error what a .bss size too small to build some test, but, certainly I desire to build so many tests as it's possible, and I use a make (`-k') option to build _almost_ all tests:

make -k tests

brief `man make' for this.

Ignoring errors/warnings is an absolute last resort.

I don't even allow my application code to have compiler
warnings.  Once you start ignoring errors and warnings, it's a
very slippery slope.  ;)

You see that `-k' option is no compiler option. Excuse my English, please, but you asked

How do I prevent flash tests from being build by "make tests"?

It's a usual practic. If a big project has a very extended test suite, that isn't mean what all of those tests should pass as well for any target, host, hardware, parts, etc. In any case, you will been informed what something was wrong. That option controls by build process only. Well, I hadn't tried to learn anybody for a programming style ;)

--Sergei