Re: Re: CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS undefined

Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2006-12-03, Bart Veer <bartv@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

   Grant> I'm trying to build a fairly vanilla "net" template on a
   Grant> nios2 target, and I get the following:

Grant> : In function int sched_rr_get_interval(pid_t, timespec*)': /[...]/packages/compat/posix/current/src/sched.cxx:230:
Grant> error: CYGNUM_KERNEL_SCHED_TIMESLICE_TICKS' undeclared (first use this function) /[...]/packages/compat/posix/current/src/sched.cxx:230:
Grant> error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

[...]

   Grant> I suppose I should try updating ecosconfig, but it seems
   Grant> like the CDL for the POSIX stuff is broken.

CYGPKG_POSIX_CLOCKS is a component within the POSIX package,
not a top-level package.

I removed the POSIX package, and the problem went away.

You caqn disable it by editing the ecos.ecc file or by using
the graphical configtool. Only top-level packages can be
removed at the command-line.

So it seems like there's an omission in the POSIX package CDL in that it it has an undocumented dependance on timeslicing being enabled?

If you are running under cygwin with an old version of
ecosconfig, that segfault may be caused by an underlying
problem in cygwin's C++ exception handling. There is a
workaround for the problem in the latest ecosconfig sources,
or you can grab a prebuilt binary from
http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

I'm running on Linux, but it is a rather old version of ecosconfig.

I'm more inclined to think that your source tree is a bit messed up. Given that you've had [at least]
two unexplained/unreproduceable problems recently, I think you should start by looking at how
you ended up with a tree in such a state. Perhaps you could try comparing a virgin CVS tree with
what you have and see what's different. The things you can't explain may lead you in a direction
to fix thing properly.

n.b. POSIX tests build fine against the public tree and things like the missing FLASH tests are
also not an issue.