RE: Multiple Inheritance used in eCos class Cyg_Thread

> From: Don Walton [mailto:dwalton@dramail.com]
>
> I would be interested to know the type of testing eCos has been
> through.  If it has been successfully tested as part of an
> embedded aviation system, I would agree with you.  If it has been
> tested as part of the embedded system for a printer or digital
> camera, I would have to disagree with you.

My point isn't that eCos has been sufficiently tested for any particular
application, but that the multiple inheritance bits aren't any less tested
than the rest of the system, since lots of people have used it. And the bugs
I see discussed here don't seem to be in that particular area.

If you're afraid to use eCos because some small piece of it uses multiple
inheritance, then I'm not sure why you wouldn't be afraid to use the rest of
it. I think that if I were going for extreme reliability, I'd spend the
bucks and start with something like Integrity or VxWorks, which has been
qualified for military apps. Indeed, I've been trying to get one medical
device company I consult for to abandon eCos for just that reason.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco