Re: undefined reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'

"Davy Wouters" <davy.wouters.atos@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a port for the Analog Devices Blackfin BF537 Processor.
> The Architecture/Variant/Platform HAL are operational to a level where
> i can use it for testing.
> Now i am writing a device driver for the ethernet MAC which is built
> in the BF537 Processor.
>
> I don't understand where the driver is actually started (start routine
> of the eth_drv instance).
> The init routine gets called during 'cyg_hal_invoke_constructors()'.
> What i tried is to call the 'init_all_network_interfaces()' function
> in a simple test application before
> actually tryin to send/receive something through a 'socket'.
> This project doesn't build because of the linker error "undefined
> reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'".
> As far as i know this function is present in libtarget.a ...
>
> Can anyone help me with this? Or at least explain where or how the mac
> device driver gets started?

The simplest thing to do is configure eCos to use the NET template and
to then build the network tests. That way you know that everything is
present and it all gets called in the right order.

The driver init routine will be called during driver initialization on
system startup. The driver start routine will then get called when the
network stack initializes to actually activate the interface.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts