To: <swest@cyglan.com>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] protected boot startup

"Steve" == Steve West <swest@cyglan.com> writes:

Steve> Can anyone tell me why this attached code does not boot Steve> into protected mode. I am converting from msdos to gcc Steve> compilers and cannot seem to get th pc into prot mode.

That code looks like it came straight from the pcmb HAL package's
pcmb.inc, for handling bootstrap from floppy. That code is known to
work fine on typical PCs when booting from floppy. There are various
reasons why it might not work in any other setup, e.g. if you are not
running on a typical PC or if you are not booting from floppy. Without
more information on your setup there is no way of knowing what might
be going wrong.

Bart

--
Bart Veer eCos Configuration Architect