eCos C++ API

Are the C++ objects on which eCos is based supposed to be invisible to the
programmer, so that the designers of eCos can change them at will? Or is it
reasonable for a programmer writing an application in C++ to directly use
the underlying eCos C++ objects? Since everything else in my application is
in C++, I'd much rather do the latter, for instance creating a thread
directly as a Cyg_Thread instead of declaring a cyg_thread and having to
call cyg_thread_create.

I assume kernel.hxx is the appropriate header to include, instead of kapi.h,
right? Is there any documentation on what might be part of the "official"
C++ API, or am I on my own in judging which things in the headers are likely
to be stable and which might disappear in a later version? Massa's book says
there isn't any standard, but that's four years old.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco