Building Redboot to new target

Hi,

I am new to eCos and Redboot. I am planning to port Redboot to my
target (tgt), which is similar to mbx target supported in the released
ecos 2.0 package.
I have some confusion about the files that needs to be changed.

I am planning to do the following changes for running the Redboot from RAM:

1. Include my target in the ecos.db file, with selected packages required.
2. Create a directory under the hal similar to mbx target and copy all
the files  under mbx to my target directory.
3. Now I execute
   ecosconfig --srcdir=/ecos/packages/ new tgt redboot
   I get a redboot.ecc.
   Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
to my specific target?
4. Then I change my linker script to my specific target and build
redboot to get the binary.

Incase something is wrong or missing, please let me know the same.

Thanks,
Kumar