Re: Fwd: Cygwin instalation for eCos

I have installed Cygwin already 4 times, not always without problems.
But I always took the latest cygwin from the web via setup.exe. See http://ecos.sourceware.org/cygwin.html
Make sure to select the needed packages.
Restart your PC after having installed cygwin.

Then download the config tool SW from  www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml. I put it in:
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH ; export PATH

Unzip gnutools.tgz to /cygwin/opt/ (in my case for ARM platform):
PATH=/opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-elf/bin:$PATH ; export PATH

Add the paths and also ECOS_REPOSITORY in your .bashrc.

Success,

Jürgen Lambrecht
R&D Engineer
Televic Transport Systems
http://www.televic.com
Televic NV / SA (main office)
Leo Bekaertlaan 1
B-8870 Izegem
Tel: +32 (0)51 303045
Fax: +32 (0)51 310670

Alexander Aganichev wrote:
Hi!

What is the right way to get working installation of Cygwin to use for
building eCos? I found myself trapped in the bug inside tcl/tk package
and it seems this bug lasts for more than 3 years. It is all started
from non-working installation script  ecos-install.tcl. Spent two days
to determine it is tcl bug, rebuilt it by myself (unfortunately, I
found only tcl 8.3 that was easy to build) and now I'm fighting with
configtool.exe. I have exactly the same symptoms as described here:
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-11/msg00008.html.

So, where is that good hidden package that works for everyone on this
list? And may be it should be noticed on the web site, so everyone
else will not trap into it? Thanks in advance for any help.