Re: Problem with Hello world

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 12:05 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > I'm a newbie under ARM questions... I just want to know if it possible
> > to compile eCos for ARM (with arm-elf-gcc) and seems to the Linux
> > Synthetic target debug it with arm-elf-gdb and see an output when I
> > compile a Hello world application? Does I need a simulator (like qemu or
> > vmware) ?
>
> qemu or vmware will give you i386 environments, not ARM, so they are
> no use to you. You probably want to either use the synthetic target on
> Linux, or use a real ARM development board which eCos supports.

If it helps, skyeye [ http://www.skyeye.org/index.shtml ] is capable of
emulating some popular ARM Cores, boards built around them and run eCos
on top.

This thread
[ http://lists.gro.clinux.org/pipermail/skyeye-developer/2006-September/001029.html ]
claims to describe building skyeye for cygwin and might be of benefit
too.

Cheers,
Robin