Re: eCos invalidating JTAG on ARM architecture ?

> I suggest configuring a full-featured version of Redboot, and getting that
> into the flash. Then debug your application in RAM over serial or Ethernet.
> You can ultimately get Redboot to boot your application from an image stored
> in flash.

A lot depends on the type of microprocessor you have. With devices
like the AT91SAM7 you have 64KByte RAM and 256KByte flash on
chip. They are designed to run the application from flash. Redboot is
not really an option for these devices since it cannot do hardware
breakpoints. You have to use JTAG and live without full thread
support.

        Andrew