Re: AT91SAM7SE

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 07:03:29PM -0700, dtang wrote:

> Hi,
> We're also interested in porting the AT91SAM7S configuration to the
> AT91SAM7SE evaluation kit for a senior design project.
>
> Atmel provides some software examples for this board:
> http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4009
> http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/AT91SAM7SE512_IAR.zip
>
> Will "writing the EBI driver" be a matter of just porting over the code
> provided by Atmel in /AT91SAM7SE-SDRAM/src/SDRAM.c (i.e. from
> AT91SAM7SE512_IAR.zip)?

Well, you have to be careful of the license. What license is this code
distributed under?

Also, the EBI does a lot more than just SDRAM. You can also connect
SRAM, NAND flash etc. The file name suggests this code just does
SDRAM.

I just took a very quick look at this code. It is very specific to the
AT91SAM7SE-EK. It only supports the MT48LC16M16A2 SDRAM. In my
experience ATMEL re-use hardware macros, like the EBI, on different
chip sets. So ideally we want a generic EBI driver which can be used
with the AT91SAM7SE, but can also be used in other ATMEL parts. We
want to be able to use CDL configuration, in the platform HAL to be
able to configure the EBI driver to the specific platform
requirement. So the AT91SAM7SEEK platform package you configure the
EBI driver to support an MT48LC16M16A2 SDRAM on CS1, with 9 bit CAS,
13 bit RAS, 4 bank, etc.

   Andrew