Re: A question about _impure_ptr

eCos@sunnorth.com.cn wrote:
> Dear all:
> I have another question about _impure_ptr.
> In a gcc4.2 compiler from codesourcery, the cplusplus library libstdc++
> uses a void * _impure_ptr pointer which is implemented in newlib. Now as
> far as eCos concerned, because eCos provides its own newlib(c library) and
> _impure_ptr isn't implemented in its c library, linker will complain
> "undefined _impure_ptr".
> How to solve this problem?

You can either rebuild the codesourcery tools using eCos, or just define
your own:
void *_impure_ptr;

Be warned if you do the latter, theoretically it could cause problems, but
I don't think it applies to C code. Even in C++ code, last time I looked,
it was only used for displaying an assertion failure message before
termination, so crashing at that point wouldn't be such a big deal - you
just won't know why until you look closer.

BTW, please do not CC ecos-discuss-owner. That is for mailing list issues
only.

Jifl