Re: Re: nor flash issue

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 Gary Thomas wrote :
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 06:01:46PM -0000, Syed Ismail
> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>   I have an arm based processor and amd nor flash. I
> built redboot for mx31 ADS board and everything works
> fine. We have a custom board and are building redboot
> for it. Here is my problem.
> >> i do fis write and when i read the written space
> using x -b...., I get a corrupted data(for eg,"data" is
> listed as "dada" in flash).
> >> I read the data through debugging tool(not through
> redboot) and found that the data written using fis
> write in flash is actually fine. Any data in flash is
> not being read properly through redboot. write works
> just fine. What might be the problem. (Same code works
> fine in the ADS board).
> >
> > Try setting CYGSEM_IO_FLASH_READ_INDIRECT
>
> Also, try turning off data caching on the FLASH device.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I looked at the data cache code, I came across the configuration registers (WEIM)   for the chipselect which connects nor flash in hal_platform_setup.h. Changing the configuration register values to those which worked when testing the flash separately, solved it. Now the redboot works fine. Thanks again Gary and Andrew.