RE: AT91sam7a guidance in porting

> I've not looked at the SAM7A2 much. Is it sufficiently different from
> the SAM7 what it needs a whole new platform & variant? If it fits, i
> would suggest extending the SAM7S package to cover the A2 as well.

Nick Garnett did a port for ecoscentric, and we agreed that a seperate port will be cleaner as there are quite a few nigling differences between the uC's. There is however speculation that the a1 and a2 will be discontinued in the near future so yes, it seems more pratical to create its own variant.

> > When using my sam-ice jtag device with gdb server and insight,
> > redboot runs successfully, (according to me) I can do mfill, dump
> > etc for the whole memory range over the usart.

> I would run clocktruth and tm_basic, the kernel test programs. If
> clock truth works correctly it means timers are O.K. and basic
> interrupt handling is working. tm_basic is a good all round test.
> Then just pick a few random tests and see if they work. You could
> systematically run all the tests, but that takes a while.

Ok, just step by step to see if I uderstand you correctly. I am currently running the redboot elf image direct from ram using the Sam-ice JTAG device.
Now I must build the kernel template I presume.
When this is done, I must build the tm_basic test using the generated files from the last build and load the executable using redboot with its load with ymodem command.
The basic test should now be able to execute, or is there a better way.

Regards
Hendrik Meiring