Re: Is eCos project still alive?

On 2007-12-13, Bob Koninckx <bob.koninckx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 15:32 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2007-12-13, Chris Zimman <czimman@bloomberg.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm sorry for the rather caustic response you've received from
>> > this mailing list.
>>
>> The man suggested that we intentionally put bugs into the eCos
>> CVS tree.  That's just plain insulting.
>
> Wow, I usually don't engage in flame wars, but after some of
> these reactions ... Anyway, I contributed a lot to eCos in the
> past (agreed, certainly not as much as Grant) and did not feel
> offended in any way.

Perhaps I overreacted, but I find it pretty irritating when
people who've obviosly put zero effort into investigating the
project (let alone contributing anything) show up out of the
blue demanding to know why an open-source project isn't being
run the way they want it to be run.  Then when it's explained
why things are run the way they are they start making claims
that what we're doing isn't good enough and we're not
professionals and have no experience with commercial product
development.

I probably should have just ignored him...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Send your questions to
                                  at               ``ASK ZIPPY'', Box 40474,