Uart missing chars when in Release

Hi All,
I have an LPC2112 UART0 running at 117K (2112 does not have the
fractional divider, 2112/01 does).

I'm sending it 100 characters (1 to 100) at that baud
and printing out the characters after they have all arrived.

I get consistently 100 chars arriving when the app is run in RAM under
debug in eclipse. When running the Release code from flash, about
30% of the  time I get less than 100. By less I mean up to 14 characters
less. The missing characters are typically together in 1 or 2
bursts.

I can't spot what is making the difference. I've checked the ecc files
and made then as close as possible. I have noticed, that for some
strange reason, telling eCos to disable the FIFO seems to help though
its does not seem to set it up or make use of it.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks			...Laurie:{)