Re: Redboot v2.04, IXP4XX and Flash v2

Hi Tom,

i replace io/flash, dev/flash and redboot directories
with latest flash v2 snapshot from ecoscentric ftp server.
I made some change to compile:
- add devs/flash/arm/kixrp435 directory;
- replace redboot/current/include/redboot.h with original file

The compilation seems to work fine.
I try to enable FLASH_V2 support. I replace CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA
with CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA_V2 in ecos.db and
hal/arm/xscale/kixrp435/current/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm

When I try to import configuration I get a following error:
[root@AntoPC001 kixrp435_npe_RAM]# ecosconfig new kixrp435_npe redboot
U CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_XSCALE_CPU, new inferred value IXP43x
U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
U CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK, new inferred value 0
[root@AntoPC001 kixrp435_npe_RAM]# ecosconfig import /home/antonello/projects/eCos/redboot-intel-ixp4xx-070320/packages/hal/arm/x scale/kixrp435/current/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm
C CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE, "requires" constraint not satisfied: CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE >= 1
C CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_KIXRP435, "requires" constraint not satisfied: CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA_V2
[root@AntoPC001 kixrp435_npe_RAM]#

I want test flash v2 on kixrp435 board to make sure that the hardware works.
The kixrp435 board have 2 flash chips: strata flash and nand flash.

Antonello

Tom Deconinck writes:

Hi,

The eCos Flash v2 code is in a separate repository. It's probably best
to start from the latest of the trunk from ecos.sourceware.org

You just have to replace the following directories with the ones from
the flash v2 branch:
io/flash
dev/flash
redboot
fs/jffs2
Using the flash v2 branch will make it possible to use 2 flashes.

Tom