Re: Thoughts on how to get support for threads w/hardware debugger

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
Can this be done in a CPU independent manner?

My thinking was roughly:

- GDB eCos server. Supports threads. Talks to:
- GDB MI which talks to
- GDB Server w/JTAG

The GDB eCos server can then use the GDB MI interface to implement the required RPC...

There is nothing ARM special about the multi-ICE support beyond the interface to the multi-ICE DLL (equivalent to your MI layer above). The only architecture dependent feature is how the top layer is implemented, how it communicates with the middle layer, etc. Since that code can be called at any time, I chose a memory-only interface, rather than an I/O based one, but this may not be 100% required.

... lots of dust here - I created this stuff almost 10 years
ago and haven't thought about it much since!  If you want
to make some [concrete] proposals, post them and we (probably
me) can comment.