Re: AT91SAM7X256--flash can not Initialise?

Andrew Lunn wrote:
Are you using combined FIS and CFG in one flash block? The flash
blocks are too small for this.
yes,the default option is on and if I turn if off the redboot doesn't work!

Define "does not work".

The block size of the flash is 256 Bytes, and I have assigned 8 blocks to hold the information.

How did you define 8 blocks? Redboot only supports one block for FIS and one for CONFIG.

Not true, unless this has broken in recent times. I added the ability for either of these (certainly the FIS directory) to span multiple blocks when I did the MOAB which uses NAND FLASH with small (256 byte) blocks.

ATMEL has provide tools to program the *.bin to the internal flash but sometimes I still need debug my drivers alone.
Can the MDK implement that function ?
If I remove the redboot how can I build the eCos ROM application which directly boots without using a boot loader?

Redboot is an eCos ROM application which does not require a bootloader.

Just keep the CYG_HAL_STARTUP value at its default of ROM and your
application can then be put directly into flash at 0x00100000 and it
will boot.