RE: FW: Mount JFFS2 root file system issue

> We would be interested in eCosCentric's JFFS2 if - in order of
> importance
> - it would need less RAM per file
> - it would have less "strange" problems
>   * if I drive JFFS2 to its limits (put it full, use very big files,
> put
> many small files in 1 directory) it can get corrupted
>   * our simple FTP server corrupts JFFS2 if you put over 180 files with
> a FTP client on PC
>   * the more you use JFFS2 (add and remove files), the more it trashes
> itself, so the more delay all actions have
> - it would be faster in opening files (especially in a directory with
> over 1000 files)
>
> Therefore, I want to repeat the warning from Thomas Köller: "Do not use
> large JFFS2 file systems if RAM is a scarce resource!"
> (http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-10/msg00247.html).
> And that is just what we have done..

Hi Jürgen,

I think you need to discuss these things with eCosCentric.  I don't work for
them, I just recommend them because I know they provide very good service.
As I said before, they provide a supported version of JFFS2 for eCos.  I
don't have the time right now to go and fix up the one in the public
repository.

--Chris