Re: Porting a new flash driver

Hi, Chris,

"Chris Zimman" <czimman@bloomberg.com> wrote:

> I don't think there is any general infrastructure to support NAND flash at
> the moment.  I say that without knowing what you intend on doing with it
> though.  I guess if you wanted to make it appear as a block device, you could
> just implement it that way.
>
> What is the end goal of the implementation?

We want to have jffs2 running on a part (some megabytes / one FIS
partition) of the NAND flash, to store configuration and theming data.

I'm currently reading the sources, and it seems ugly, but doable.

Ugly, because it looks like the flash driver interface consists of some
static functions, so it will be impossible to support different flashes
concurrently. Luckily, we'll only need a single flash unit at the
moment.

Thanks for your answer,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org