RE: Re: On ARM7 can one of FIQ/IRQ be used for non-eCos stuff?

> However, there quite a few spots in the arm/arch interrupt and
> exception handling code where FIQ is being disabled.  It looks
> like I'd have to fork the arch code and modify it to prevent it
> from disabling FIQ.

Yes, there definitely is that issue.  It's not too many places that
have to be updated though.

> I suppose the right thing to do would be to make the arm/arch
> stuff configurable via CDL so that it would use either FIQ or
> IRQ or both.

I would think what you'd want to do is to provide a function to change
the FIQ vector after eCos has started.  If you start things without
the FIQ vector assigned, and for whatever reason it fires, you're in
trouble.  With regards to CDL, I don't know that it would make sense to
have a CDL option to not have eCos own the FIQ vector on startup.

--Chris