Re: Compiling ecos with ARM Development suite or real view compiler tools.

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:47:23PM -0700, venumadhav wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Has anybody attempted build ecos with ARM Developer suite now or in the
> past. The reason I ask this is because I have following questions,
>
> 1. Is it worth pursuing the effort or am I wasting my time ?
> 2. Why is it so that we cannot compile ecos with armcc ?
> 3. Has anybody attempted this exercise now or in the past ?

See the recent thread about constructor prioritisation.....

In general, i would say you are wasting your time. eCos uses gcc
extensions, which i doubt armcc supports. I know people have attempted
this before, but i don't remember anybody reporting success.

     Andrew