Re: how work synthetic for exceptions

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 01:01:11PM +0100, trollepi jj wrote:

> Hi,
> I try do modify the execution of a thread for the synthetic target.
> I've done that for an at91 board (using SWI,exception hanler and HAL_SavedRegisters to store the context info).
> I put an exception handler for the CYG_HAL_SYS_SIGILL to see if i get the info pointers of the handler (3rd parameter of the function).

A normal signal handler does not have access to the registers for the
normal program flow when the signal went off. However, there is often
an undocumented way to get access to this. Take a look at:

http://www.tlug.org.za/wiki/index.php/Obtaining_a_stack_trace_in_C_upon_SIGSEGV

Using this it might be able to generate a HAL_SavedRegisters set.

      Andrew