Entropy gathering?

I'm working on adding some secure protocol support (ssl/ssh) to
an eCos app, and the libraries implmenting the protocols need a
source of cryptologically secure random bits.  I've been
searching through the eCos source tree, and there don't appear
to be any sort entropy gathering hooks anywhere.

The BSD stacks appear to use an aRC4 keystream for "random"
data. The stream uses a constant seed and then mixes in the
system clock value.  It could be worse, but it's not great
either.

Has any thought been given to providing a mechanism to gather
some entropy from the timing of interrupts generated externally
(network, serial ports, etc.)?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! If I pull this SWITCH
                                  at               I'll be RITA HAYWORTH!!