Re: JFFS2, NAND and the flash_v2 branch

Chris Zimman wrote:
>> In my recent research, I now came to the conclusion that NAND support
>> for JFFS2 is not finished in the flash_v2 branch. Two examples:
>
> Last time I checked, and this may not currently be correct, JFFS2 in anon CVS
> doesn't work, and it wasn't finished.  A finished and working JFFS2 is part
> of eCosPro.

NAND support is not available in eCosPro either yet, although it's
something we want to do and have looked very closely at doing already. The
main bit missing is an equivalent of Linux's MTD layer which does bad block
management, organises OOB data, etc. There's actually quite a lot of detail
once you start looking at it (especially since OOB layout differs between
some NAND parts).

Jifl