Changing flash wait state on SAM7

I've been having some strange memory issues that I've been talking about
in the "eCos causing something.. Maybe?" thread. Basically I was seeing
random values when I did a dump of any section of memory. The BDI folks
suggested I change the flash wait state. I did this and the problem went
away.

I now have an issue similar to this while trying to debug. I can see
that the first 3 instructions set the flash wait state to 1 (by writing
0x100 to 0xffffff60), but I need it to be 3. This seems to be in a
function called reset_vector (or at least that's what gdb calls it). I
tried changing what looked like the same code (but called
__flash_init__) in
packages\hal\arm\at91\at91sam7s\current\include\hal_platform_setup.h,
and I rebuilt everything, but when I loaded on the new code, it still
wrote the same value. Am I changing the flash wait state in the right
spot?