Re: User libraries

On Thursday 17 April 2008, Steven Clugston wrote:
> >Once you have the eCos library building more software against
> >it is actually
> >not really different from regular builds.
> >
> >In case you don't want to write the makefile manually, you can
> >let CMake
> >(http://www.cmake.org) do this for you .
> >
> >Starting with version 2.6.0 it also supports cross compiling:
> >http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
> >Here you can find information how to use it for eCos:
> >http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CmakeEcos
> >
> >Also starting with version 2.6.0 it can also generate projects
> >for Eclipse
> >with CDT 4.
> >http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/
> >
> >Alex
>
> Thanks Alex, I'll deninately try this at some point.
>
> I've used cmake before when it has been provided with open-source
> projects like ICE and ORCA, but I've never had the chance to try and
> setup a project from scratch with it yet.
>
> Is there a wiki page for generating an eclipse project with cmake, or is
> it trivial?

Works like any other project with cmake, you just have o select the eclipse
project generator. If you use cmake 2.6 it comes with cmake-gui, which pops
up a dialog and asks you which generator you want to have (makefiles,
eclipse, kdevelop), on the command line you  have to use -G"Eclipse CDT4 -
Unix Makefiles".
Here's a step-by-step howto:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator

Alex