Searching for right Microcontroller (It is the hell)

Hello,

Currently I try out some different Microcontrollers  for  which  I  have
bought Evaluation Boards.  Uff, I have problems to choose the right one.

OK, I have two  projects  where  the  first  one  use  a  USB-Periperial
Controller to connect  to  the  Computer  and  the  second  project  use
Ethernet and should have a Webserver integrated (like the DS80C411).

The USB-Variant should identify itself as all other  devices  and  is  a
/dev/ttyUSBx.  The software connecting to  it  should  be  standard  UPS
software like the one of APC which output a bunch of status informations
about the UPS.

OK, internaly the two are nearly the same, but now, I do not know, which
Hardware to use, since I have to get Amperes/Volt, Temperature, ...

Problem:  The sensors are on plug-in modules and  they  should  identify
          itself to the system, which mean, each module must have an  ID
          "for what it is" and a serialnumber.

So the question is Maxim/Dallas 1-Wire or Philips I²C?

How is the support of eCos for 1-Wire and/or I²C?

I realy like to use a highly integrated µC with System-on-Chip  where  I
prefer ARM based ones.  (MIPS would do it to, but I do not like it realy
much since then I have to maintain and additional architecture, where  I
am currently working with SPARC, i386, amd64 and ARM)

And of course, the Microcontroller  should  be  not  more  expensive  as
arround 12US$ or 10Euro @1000.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)