Re: Reply-To?

Am 2008-04-21 08:23:50, schrieb Davies, Greg:
> I'm not sure if this is the right list for this, but it's the only one
> I'm subscribed to at the moment. When I hit reply in Outlook, the

This is the normal behaviour.

> message only goes to the person who wrote it. I have to hit Reply to All
> to get it to to the list. Either way I have to manually add or remove an
> email address to get one copy to the list and not more than one to the
> person I'm responding to.

To send to lists, there is a Function called "Reply-To-List" which
maybe forgoten by MicroSoft to be implemented in there Software.  :-)

> The bad part is that this is easy to forget, and I notice many times
> where the more senior people on the list ask the more junior to please
> respond to the list, and not to them personally. It would be really
> convenient to have the list software configured to add a Reply-To
> header.

Adding a Reply-To: header harm mailinglists...  and is not the expected
behaviour on thousands of Technical Mailinglists across the net.

> I realise this is sometimes considered a bad idea, but that's mostly

Not only sometimes...

> because people end up sending private emails to the entire list. I may

If you modify "Reply-To:" and I respond by hiting "Reply" my private E-Mail
to you would go to the List instead to you.  Do you find this funny?

> be wrong, but this doesn't strike me as the kind of list where there's a
> lot of private messaging going on.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)