RE: System failure!!

This reminds me of a problem I had a little while ago. The symptoms
aren't the same but the inconsistency of the symptoms is. The fact that
you say eCos was working by chance sounds similar to my issue too. I
never actually solved it or found out what was wrong, but I made it go
away by doing a thorough cleaning of the entire project, including the
generated eCos source tree. I've found there's configuration things that
can get left over sometimes, and will let you keep compiling, even if
the configuration is no good for building from scratch. It's something
quick to try anyway.