Re: System failure!!

Davies, Greg wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
Alperen Coskun
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:30 AM

There is no compilation error. But when I download xxx.elf file that I generated, my program stops at one of the functions. (In fact it doesn't stop, it enters a loop in cyg_hal_default_exception_vsr at different places in asm code but generally in"sync" assembly code. It doesn't break the

This reminds me of a problem I had a little while ago. The symptoms
aren't the same but the inconsistency of the symptoms is. The fact that
you say eCos was working by chance sounds similar to my issue too. I
never actually solved it or found out what was wrong, but I made it go
away by doing a thorough cleaning of the entire project, including the
generated eCos source tree. I've found there's configuration things that
can get left over sometimes, and will let you keep compiling, even if
the configuration is no good for building from scratch. It's something
quick to try anyway.

Yes there's definately problems with this. Using the graphical tool, the tree is always regenerated if you use the tool to modify the config, but if something else modifies the ecc (eg your version control system brings in someone else's changes) then these changes might not get incorporated in your build.

I don't know if your using configtool or ecosconfig, but now we use both. configtool to edit the ecc, and ecosconfig --tree at the beginning of the build script (disregarding the tree generated by configtool).

The other two issues I've seen:
- Changing global build flags doesn't cause a rebuild of everything, as you might expect. Although I have found you can take advantage of this bug to individually switch off optimisation or enable instrumentation on certain files.

- Where include files are added or removed, the built tree must be deleted and regenerated.