IPSEC and libipsec

From a previous post in ecos-patches (http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2003-11/msg00111.html):
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:02:15AM -0000, Lee Davies wrote:
> Does this mean ECOS can support VPN?

Err, possibly. Like i said, this is work in progress. There is
currently no code to actually setup IPSEC. So if you can somehow
persuade the network stack to use IPSEC it might be possible. Also, as
it says in the documentation, the network stack parts are quite
old. There could be interopibility problems with current generation
IPSEC code. It won't be until racoon is running and we run some tests
that we will know how well IPSEC works.

Andrew
I've enabled the IPSEC options in the FreeBSD stack configuration along with the libipsec and crypto packages, and have gotten to the point of running the libipsec tests successfully. I then wanted to see how to configure a pre-shared key for IKE and get an IPSEC session running, and quickly realized that something like racoon is needed. After doing some research on the net, I located the above post.

It's been a while since that post, and I don't see any other chatter regarding IPSEC in eCos. I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten it to work -- maybe you could give me some details on how you set it up. If not, I would appreciate some pointers on where to get started, possibly on porting racoon to eCos (best source to base the port from?, is it practical?, licensing issues?). If I do take up that project, I'd like to be able to contribute it back to eCos.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun Louie